"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Sunday, May 9, 2010

We're in Hefei City!

Okay, so we are feeling the jetlag today, 2 1/2 days later! We are 12 hours ahead of Florida, and when we flew over from Dulles, DC to Beijing, it was light out the whole time. Our trip from Dulles to Beijing took 15 hours. It only took us a little over an hour today to fly from Beijing to Hefei City.

The hour nap we wanted to take after arriving in Hefei turned into 3 1/2 hours! We were feeling pretty good up until today. We are now in Hefei City, Anhui Province, and will be meeting our daughter in 16 hours!!!

In China, Facebook, youtube, and blogger are all blocked. I have to email my blog to post anything, so I can't see what I'm posting. I am about to download some pictures from yesterday and will post them if I can. I'm also unable to access my outlook email, so if anyone needs to email me directly, please use www.kathieman@hotmail.com. I've received comments from my blog post so I know that the one I sent from the airport posted.

I feel like I'm in a fog and will hopefully fully wake up soon! We are surprisingly not very sore after climbing the Great Wall yesterday and we covered a lot of distance! In a couple of hours we're headed for dinner with a family who is adopting Yue Lu's classmate. How wonderful that the girls will be able to see each other while they are here and when we head to Guangzhou. I'm sure it make the transition a little bit easier for them.


The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. Get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment