"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Thursday, May 20, 2010

Headed to Hong Kong today

I haven't been able to post for several days due to our busy schedule in Guangzhou between the tours, the American Consulate appointment, and shopping. Yesterday was the first day Yue Lu and I made it to the pool here at the White Swan hotel. At first Yue Lu didn't want to get in the kiddie section, but after she saw me swimming laps, she was really excited and actually let me hold her with her swim tube in the deep section. We had a lot of fun splashing and spinning around. In the kiddie section she walked back in forth doing her little funny dance that she does with her shoulders and head moving from side to side.

I have to say we've had many many tantrums, with the worst episode at the Safari Park a few days ago, and then yesterday with just me and Yue Lu on our way to a park after I bought her some new shoes. Both episodes were absolutely horrible. Yesterday was in the rain and it took two different Chinese families to help me talk to her. It must have been about 20 minutes before she started to walk with me again back towards our hotel. Her tantrums are so bad and due to her size, I can't just pick her up and take her with me. I can only hold her for so long since she does a bad job at helping out when you're holding her, especially when she's upset. We have a lot to work on, and the language barrier has been a real problem. We went to our guides hotel room yesterday and she had a long talk with Yue Lu. Last night was her best night sleeping.

We are headed to the pool again, and then we have to finish packing for our 90 minute train ride to Hong Kong. We leave tomorrow afternoon at 12:30pm. We have plenty of snacks and toys for the long, long plane ride back home. Oh...and some children's benadryl!

I will try and post pictures tonight when we're in Hong Kong.


Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.

No comments:

Post a Comment