"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Monday, May 3, 2010

Less than 3 days before we leave and 7 days until we meet our daughter!!!

I can't believe how close we are now to leaving!

Today was my last day at work until August 2! Twelve weeks seems like a long time, but I'm sure it will go by very quickly. Funny how some things go by so fast, while waiting until this day took forever!

Although we are extremely excited, we are nervous and a little scared for our 'gotcha day'. I watched someone's 'gotcha day' video yesterday, and it was so touching. It was heartbreaking to see the foster mother (or nanny) saying goodbye and leaving the young girl with her new mommy. The little girl was so sweet and brave. The new mom as well as the guide/translator did a wonderful job at comforting the little girl. She was 5 1/2. She's been home for a year now and is doing very well. I know every adoption and every child is different. I have read about so many families experiences, and I'm really hoping, of course, that Yue Lu is going to have a smooth transition. She has known for several weeks now that she is being adopted. I just wonder how she was told, how much it's talked about, and if she is able to express her feelings about it. Brad is really getting worried about how she is going to react. It's going to be a very emotional day on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment