"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Thursday, February 11, 2010

January 30, 2010

OUR THIRD AND FINAL I-171H Approval!!! (Approval to adopt an orphan)

Yes! Today we received our third I-171H form from the Dept of Homeland Security/USCIS that states we are approved to adopt an orphaned child. This form is good for 18 months, and fingerprints expire after 15 months. Since we started this whole process in 2006, we’ve had to apply and be fingerprinted 3 times! The LONG wait and TON of paperwork (that has to be done just right) is enough to drive anyone crazy.

The USCIS initially denied us this third time around stating that our home study was deficient. They did not like the wording our social worker used for the ‘requested child’. I had to have our social worker change the wording after waiting for a week for our agency to advise us on the matter. I then sent the updated home study to USCIS by certified mail so they would have this new home study by their requested date. It took the post office 7 days to send it within the same city! Therefore, they received it a day late. I literally freaked out when I checked the tracking number online and saw that it was not delivered until the following day, a Saturday, and that USCIS would not pick it up until Monday. I feared that they would make us start ALL over again. Thank you USPS for being so expedient and giving me some extra gray hair! Fortunately, someone at the USCIS liked the new wording and approved us. One less headache and no more I-600A forms! Woohooo!!!

January 29, 2010

It’s been 8 days since our LOI (Letter of Intent) was sent to China. This is the official request to the CCAA to adopt Yue Lu. Our agency told us it would take 2-4 weeks for PA (Pre-approval) from the CCAA. I’ve seen a few PA’s back within a week. Come on CCAA..bring on the PA before Chinese New Year which is Feb. 14th this year.

I went shopping for bedding and stuff for Yue Lu’s room. I can’t wait to paint the walls and get her room ready. Still need to look for furniture.

January 28, 2010

One week and counting since our LOI was sent to China!

January 22, 2010

Third Log-In-Date Anniversary

Unbelievable… it’s been 3 years since our dossier was logged in to China. It was 7 months before that date that I started the adoption paperwork. It normally takes 3-4 months to complete the dossier, however, I did it on my own and made some mistakes. There were also errors from the wording the notary used on some of the paperwork and delays by our social worker. So, it took much longer than expected. This whole process has been longer than expected…but now I’m just starting to see the light at the end of this very long tunnel!

January 21, 2010

Our agency emailed me today to congratulate us on being one step closer to Yue Lu. Our LOI (Letter of Intent) was sent to China. We should have PA (Pre-approval) in 2-4 weeks. I am so happy and relieved! Finally!!! We’re looking at 3-7 months to travel to China. Please be closer to 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment