"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We are about to go trick or treating in a few hours, and I'm really hoping Lulu is going to have a lot of fun. She was able to wear her costume 2 times already, but has not worn the bottom part of her princess skirt that lights up and changes colors. I can't wait to see how it looks tonight! We had fun carving out our pumpkins and explained to her that she will see a lot of them tonight. I also tried to warn her that some people may look really scary, but that it's just a costume. We are meeting up with a couple and their kids that I've never met before (they are friends of Brad's), and I hope Lulu doesn't peeter out too soon. She usually does not take naps on the weekends, but I insisted today, and she is sleeping next to me on the couch right now.

Lulu made it through her echocardiogram last week! She was so good, but towards the end kept saying she wanted to go home. Fortunately, her heart looks good, so now she can be sedated for her fillings and an MRI. I still have to get her to an ophthalmologist. She is diagnosed with micro cornea of her right eye. I'm not sure if her vision is bad, but her visual/motor perception is really poor. She has drawn happy faces and other things either sideways or upside down. It's something we need to work a lot more on.

Lulu started swimming lessons yesterday morning at UNF (where I went to PT school). I used to swim there a lot and have such great memories of going to school there. After Lulu's class we walked on the trails and looked at the fish and turtles from a bridge over one of the lakes at school. It feels good going back there and I'm amazed at how much the college has grown. Lulu did great at her first lesson. There are three teachers and each one had three kids they worked with. I told the instructor about Lulu's right sided weakness and that she is still learning English. She said Lulu did great except for not understanding that she shouldn't kick her legs while trying to float! She gets so excited in the water, and I'm so glad they have lessons there since we can't swim at the community pools now. I am loving being a mom and experiencing all the 'firsts' in Lulu's life!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween! I will post some pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment