"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Sunday, October 10, 2010

Five Months since Forever Family Day!

I haven't been posting lately since not much is new. Lulu is still doing good in preschool and having more good days than bad. She still misses her foster family a lot. She mentions her younger foster brother every day. Whatever is happening at home or school, she refers to him as if he is doing the same things that she is. She talks about her other siblings as well and at times about her China mommy and daddy. I know it must be hard for her to not have any siblings around. I'm so glad she likes the dogs and that I can spend a lot of time playing with her. I'm going to sign her up for Playball at school and she will be starting swimming lessons soon at UNF. The pool is indoors and heated. The community swimming pools are now closed (although the weather is still warm), and she really likes to swim (with a swim float around her). I hope she is not terrified of having to put her face under the water. She practices a little in the tub blowing bubbles with just her nose and mouth.

My parents were in town last week since my mom did one of the local running races. Lulu only saw them for a couple of hours, but Grandma, Lulu and I had fun dancing to Madonna and coloring. Lulu loves to color and her coloring has improved tremendously. She also loves Madonna and we dance almost every day. If not at home, then bopping our heads and upper body in the car.

Brad is out of town this weekend and fortunately my sister came to visit. It was good timing since I don't think Lulu would have done as well as she did with Daddy being gone overnight for the first time. We went to the FCC monthly family dinner last night, and Lulu did better with joining the other girls at the craft table. She usually wants me to sit there with her. I'm pretty sure she is shy because of her English compared to the other girls who were adopted when they were a lot younger and can speak English clearly. My sister, Lulu and I shopped some before and after the dinner, and then again today. My sister spoiled Lulu, buying her a lot of fun fall and winter clothes and some new toys. I'm going to have a lot of fun shopping for Lulu for Christmas. I haven't really been excited about this time of year for a long time now. I also usually hate the time change, but I'm looking forward to it this year. I'm really hoping that it will make Lulu settle down sooner at night.

Lulu wants to be a Princess for Halloween! I imagine that's what most little girls want to be at her age. We bought a really cute costume that has little lights on the bottom of the dress. She already has a tiara, earrings and wand from Lynn and Pat, and I bought her some cute sparkly silver shoes. I can't wait to see her all dolled up. We've been talking to her about Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We haven't made it to a pumpkin patch yet, but need to do it soon. I'm looking forward to us carving out pumpkins and going trick or treating.

No comments:

Post a Comment