"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Friday, August 27, 2010

First day of Dance Class!

Lulu started tap and ballet class and really enjoyed it! She'll be going one night a week and the class is 1/2 hour of tap, then 1/2 of ballet. We sat in the class the week before so Lulu could watch and so I would know if she really wanted to do it. She said she did and talked about it for several days. When the class first started, she froze for a couple minutes, then came over to me and shook her head "no". I said, "okay, let's just watch". After a few minutes of watching the teacher and teacher's assistant working individually with each student, she turned to me and said "yes!". So I told her to go back in line, and from there she had a blast. She ran up to the teacher a couple of times during class and hugged her! I think she will do pretty good at tap, but ballet is probably going to be a lot harder for her. I know it was only her first class, but she has a hard time turning her right leg out. I'm hoping in time and with practice it will get easier for her. The main thing is that she had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment