"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Monday, August 2, 2010

Back to Work!

Time sure does fly! I return back to work tomorrow after having 12 weeks off. Funny how many things I thought we would be doing in those 12 weeks. I knew Lulu would need time to adjust, but I foolishly thought (before even meeting Lulu) that it wouldn't take this long. I knew that things like Disney or camping would be out of the question for 6 months to a year. I was hoping though, that I would be able to visit my close friends that live 3 1/2 and 5 hours away, but it did not work out that way. The one time we visited with my parents who live 2 1/2 hours away, Lulu slept terribly and did not do well the morning we were leaving. Crying and tantrums 4 times during the night and as we were saying goodbye in the morning. Brad also wanted to go to an upcoming concert while I stayed home with Lulu, but that's out of the question too. One night Brad worked late, until around 9pm I think, and oh, my! Lulu was mad! There was no way she was going to go to sleep without him home, and she would not let me read one of her books to her until Daddy was with us. She was just so upset, but the first thing she said when Brad walked in the door, was that he needed to eat. It was so sweet of her to think about her Daddy being hungry versus being mad at him since he worked late.

Lulu thinks that I've been back to work for 2 weeks now. I had to tell her that so I could get her on a more regimented schedule. She did great last week with Brad taking her to the early learning center in the morning and me picking her up around 2:15pm. So, my schedule at work will be 6 hour days, four days a week. After having a great week last week, she did not do well this weekend and earlier today. My mom was in town and we had a lot of fun on Friday and Saturday morning. Her tantrums started after grandma left. I'm not sure if that is the reason, or because her schedule was off. We have PT and OT on Mondays, and she had some small tantrums during her sessions that thankfully did not get out of control. She waited for that for when we were home!

No comments:

Post a Comment