"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief




Monday, February 21, 2011

Haiden's Bday Party, Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year

The past couple months have been pretty busy and I hate being so behind again with posting. A big event for us was this year's FCC Chinese New Year. I am so bummed though that I hardly have any pictures! Brad bought a new top of the line camera but didn't have enough time to try it out before the event (although he read up on it a lot, practice is what he really needed). So, although I saw him take a lot of pictures and video, he deleted a lot of them since he said they were blurry. And when he recorded Lulu's dance the sound was very muted, although the dance just before hers came out well. So, very bummed that I don't have one good family photo, or much of anything else. I didn't bother to take many pictures with my camera since I thought Brad had it covered, and because I really need a better camera. At least I have good memories and was so glad that my family and Lulu's teachers were there. It meant so much to her and she had a blast!

For Valentine's Day, Lulu and I made little gift bags for her classmates and I attended her school's afternoon party. We bought her some cute little trinkets, a little bear, and some chocolate. I'm really enjoying experiencing all these holidays and events with Lulu. They are all firsts for her, and firsts for me as a mommy.

This afternoon Lulu is finally going to the ophthalmologist. She was diagnosed with a right microcornea in China, and I just know that her vision is affected. I think she is farsighted. I've been trying to prepare her that she may need glasses, and how cute they will look on her like they do on her friends.

We are planning our first trip to Disney World!!! We were going to wait to go in April for Lulu's birthday, however we keep being warned about the crowds at that time. So we may be going the first weekend in March. Lulu is very excited about it. I think she is ready for it, and we will plan to make two half days of it if we need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment